Sunday, April 13, 2008

We moved and Kyla is 7 months old!

It's time for us to pick up and go once again. We left Texas separately, but Kristie and I came back to Texas married with a beautiful child and all of our debt paid off (Thanks Arnold!). Aside from the obvious personal milestones within our family, other accomplishments reached in CA...

1) Kristie and I maintained Texas registration, insurance, and driver's licenses for our vehicles (including one vehicle bought IN California.
2) Many of you don't know this, but my extensive knowledge of the intricate SoCal freeway system paid off as I held a part time job as an OnStar telephone agent. (Ask Kristie)
3) Kyla gets to live her life bragging about sharing a birth city with reputable American icons such as Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, and Daz Dillinger. Many other rappers can only dream of actually being from the "LBC".
4) ...and NO, we did not see any celebrities, we did not go on any game shows and we only felt a couple of earthquakes.

Anyhow, we are glad to be back...

Here is Kyla saying good bye to her good friend Claire

Kyla and her good friend Kiera had many laughs together (this is where you say, "Damn Kyla has a BIG head")

How ironic that I moved to California to work for a company based in Texas only to move back to Texas to work for a company based in California. Icing on the cake was that our movers were associated with Atlas Van Lines (far left)

Hanging out in Fredericksburg with Daddy and Opa, Kyla enjoyed swinging from a tree in front of Opa's peach orchard. I dont take, nor do I post these pictures, but this weekend trip to the Hill country had a lot more blogworthiness with scorpion encounters, chicken coops, etc.

Kyla felt the Lord as she was baptized in Fredericksburg. Despite the water, the congregation, and the denouncement of the devil, she maintained a very calm and collected demeanor during the ceremony.

Godparents Nate and Kate. I think Marlon Brando jokes are pretty played out by now when talking to godparents. (and no, Kate did not allow Nathan to attend the ceremony in sandals)





No comments: