Monday, June 30, 2008

Kyla is 9 months old

NINE MONTHS OLD! Just as much time out as time in.

This is Kyla at our community pool. Daddy was called out by a 16 year old life guard for entering the pool with a beverage. Mommy and Kyla played by the rules.


"Daddy, now that I can get a closer look at your electronics I can see that they suck, I'm really disappointed in your Daddiness. What is this thing that says VHS anyways"?



Kyla with her Grandma on a recent visit to Kentucky. Once part of Virginia, Kentucky achieved its own statehood on June 1, 1792. Many think that the "Colonel" (e.g. Sanders) had sort of a military background. Not so! Becoming an honorary Kentucky Colonel is a title given to those whom "The Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels" deems as worthy. Other famous Colonels are Dave Thomas (the Wendy's guy), Tiger Woods and Bob Barker. You now know more than you did 20 seconds ago...congrats!

Sorry Linda, I couldn't think of anything clever or cute for this one. The picture says it all!


Hopefully these will be the only bars that you are ever behind Kyla.


"I am amused by the simplicity of your childproofing Mommy and Daddy, what will you do when I start climbing"?


This is is when we went to a restaurant with the family for Father's Day. Kyla was in this giggly, goofy mood the entire time. We had a debate about her reaction after giving her a slice of lemon to chew on. Some said it was a "shake", others a "wince", I said a "shimmy".


It was my request to take Kyla to the Astros game on Father's day.
(pregame)


(During the game)

The final score was:
Yankees : 13
Astros : 0
Beers : 1.5
Diaper Changes : 0 (oops!)
Innings watched: 2.1
Regrets : 0


One would be surprised at how much excitement a 12 dollar play mat and a garden hose can provide for a 9 month old. "....and pull that strap up"!

No comments: